General Human Factors
Return to top
- M. R., Lehto, Choe, P., Kim, C., & Allebach, J. (2007). "Experimental comparison of adaptive vs. static thumbnail displays," HCI International 2007, July 22-27, Beijing, China.
- Lehto, M.R. (2006). “Human Factors Models,” Chapter 6 in Handbook of Warnings, Wogalter, M. S. (ed), Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, Inc., Mahwah, NJ, pp. 63-87.
- Lehto, M.R. and Yang, Y. (2001). “Increasing Access of Visually Disabled Users to the World Wide Web,” “HCI International 2001,” Ninth International Conference on Human-Computer Interaction, New Orleans, LA.
- Lehto, M.R., "Knowledge-based Approach for Assisting Safety/Human Factors Design," Proceedings of the 1994 NSF Design and Manufacturing Grantees Conference, Cambridge, MA, January 5-7, 1994, pp. 61-62.
- Clark, D.R. with Lin, C.T. (1990). "A Stochastic Process Model for Human Reliability Analysis," Advances in Industrial Ergonomics and Safety II (Proceedings of the Annual International Industrial Ergonomics and Safety Conference, Montreal, June 10-13), Biman Das (Ed)., London: Taylor & Francis.
- Clark, D.R. (1989). "New Directions in Ergonomics Research," 16th Annual Occupational Health Conference, Sponsored by the Michigan Industrial Hygiene Society, Troy, Michigan, October 3.
- Clark, D.R. and Lehto, M.R. (1989). Expert Systems / AI Applications in Ergonomics and Industrial Safety, Department of Industrial Engineering, Purdue University, workshop conducted at Annual International Industrial Ergonomics and Safety Conference '89, Cincinnati, Ohio, June 5.
- Lehto, M.R. and Foley, J.P. (1989). "Models of Memory: Implications for Knowledge Acquisition," in Designing and Using Human-Computer Interfaces and Knowledge Based Systems, Salvendy, G. and Smith, M.J. (eds), Elsevier, Amsterdam, 1989, pp. 813-821.
- Lehto, M.R. and Buck, J.R. (1988)."Status Reporting of "Eyes On" and Peripheral Displays During Tracking," Perceptual and Motor Skills, 1988, Vol. 67, pp. 719-733.
- Lehto, M.R. and Foley, J.P. (1987).Toward Formal Applications of Human Factors during Design, 31st Annual Meeting of the Human Factors Society, NY, October 19-23, 1987.
- Lehto, M.R. (1985). A Structured Methodology for Expert System Development with Application to Safety Ergonomics, Ph.D. Thesis, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI.
- Lehto, M.R. (1984 September). "Ergonomic Considerations in the Evaluation, Design and Application of Product Warnings," Industrial and Operations Engineering Seminar, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, September 20.
- Lehto, M.R. with Boggs, G.J., Weiss, S.W. and Salvendy, G. (1982)."Computer System Response Time and Psychophysical Stress," IEEE Conference on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, Seattle, WA, October 28-30, 1982, pp. 40-44.
- Lehto, M.R., An Investigation of Discrete Communication Tasks Within a Dual Task Environment, M.S.I.E. Thesis, School of Industrial Engineering, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN, 1981.
- Lehto, M.R. with Buck and .R., Ings, D.M. (1980)."Predetermined Time Statistics of Discrete Tasks During Dual Tasking," IEA/NES Conference, Oslo, Norway, August 1980, pp. 78-84.
- Miller, J.M. (1977) "A Critique of the Poulton Book: Tracking Skill and Manual Control," Journal of Industrial Engineering, April.
- Miller, J.M. (1974, 1973, 1972). Human Factors Implications of Recent Government Legislation, Human Factors Engineering Summer Conference, University of Michigan.
- Miller, J.M. and Rockwell, T.H. (1972). "The Use of Human Subjects in Human Factors Research," Human Factors, 14(1), 35-40.
- Lehto, M.R. and Nah, H. (2006). “Decision Making and Decision Support,” Chapter 8, Handbook of Human Factors and Ergonomics, third edition, Salvendy, G. (ed), John Wiley, NY, pp. 191-242.
- Lehto, M.R. and Calisir, F. (2002). “Young Driver’s Decision Making and Safety Belt Use,” Accident Analysis and Prevention, Vol. 34, pp. 793-805.
- Lehto, M.R. (2001). "Decision Making Models," Chapter 84 in Handbook of Industrial Engineering, Technology, and Operations Management, third edition, Salvendy, G. (ed), John Wiley, NY, pp. 2172-2223.
- Lehto, M.R. and Liang, S.F. (1999). “Information Representation and Decision Making Process: Effects of Measurement Scale and Shape of Decision Matrix in Preferential Choice,” Eighth International Conference on Human-Computer Interaction, Munich, Germany, August 22-27, 1999.
- Lehto, M.R., "Decision Making" Chapter 37 in Handbook of Human Factors & Ergonomics, second edition Salvendy, G. (ed), John Wiley & Sons, NY, 1997, pp. TBA.
- Lehto, M.R., Safety Decision-Making: Two Case Studies, University of Western Australia, Western Australia, September, 1993.
- Miller, J.M. (1965). Capacity Concept for Improved Production Management Decision Making. Copyrighted Masters Thesis, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH.