- Lehto, R.H. (in press). Identifying primary concerns in individuals diagnosed with lung cancer. Oncology Nursing Forum.
- Lehto, R.H., & Therrien, B. (2010). Death concerns in individuals newly diagnosed with lung cancer. Death Studies, 34, 931-946.
- Lehto, R.H., Song, L., Stein, K.F., & Coleman-Burns, P. (2010). Factors influencing prostate cancer screening behavior in African American men. Western Journal of Nursing Research, 32, 779-793.
- Lehto, R.H., & Cimprich, B. (2009). Worry and the formation of cognitive representations of illness in individuals undergoing surgery for suspected lung cancer. Cancer Nursing: An International Journal for Cancer Care, 32, 2-10.
- Lehto, R.H., & Stein, K.F. (2009). Death anxiety: an analysis of an evolving concept. Research and Theory for Nursing Practice: An International Journal, 23, 23 – 41.
- Lehto, R.H. (2007). Causal attributions in individuals with suspected lung cancer: Relationships to illness coherence and emotional responses. Journal of the American Psychiatric Nurses Association, 13, 109 – 116.